(RADIATOR) Modifying the Proxy-State attribute

Mike McCauley mikem at open.com.au
Mon Sep 8 04:07:10 CDT 2003

Hello MArtin,

On Mon, 8 Sep 2003 06:44 pm, Martin Edge wrote:
> Hey Guys,
>
> I'm trying to find a way to add something in an Access-Request, so
> implicitly, irrelevant of which host the packet gets forwarded to, we see
> the same value in the reply.
>
> The only thoughts I can come up with, as add something symbolic to the end
> of the Proxy-State attribute.

Proxy-State is a suitable attribute for getting the same thing back from the
server that you sent it. AuthBy RADIUS removes any Proxy-State from the
incoming requests prior to proxying, but you should be able to use
AddToRequest in your AuthBy RADIUS to add a new Proxy-State.
Caution: this will not work if you are planning to use UseExtendedIds which
uses Proxy-State for another purpose.

Cheers.

Mike McCauley                               mikem at open.com.au

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au