(RADIATOR) New Tacacs+ server ability for Radiator

Troy Holder troy at ncstate.net
Tue Sep 2 08:51:43 CDT 2003

It is actually very easy to set up. First you have to configure
Radiator. Here is the Tacacs+ parts of my beginning config file:
<ServerTACACSPLUS>

	Key Test

	AddToRequest	Class=TACACS

</ServerTACACSPLUS>

<AuthBy GROUP>

	Identifier Test

</AuthBy>

<Handler Class = TACACS >

	AcctLogFileName		/local/radius/authlog/commands/%g-%i-%f
	AuthBy Test

</Handler>

I have some more work to do on the Radiator config. Since we do no
authentication with Tacacs, I will probably send Reject for all auth
requests as a safeguard. The AddToRequest is in there so that I can
distinguish Tacacs+ to Radius request from other Radius requests.

On the Cisco IOS device you have to add the following lines:
set tacacs server IP.Of.Server primary
set tacacs key Test
set accounting commands enable all stop-only tacacs+

In the logfile you will see:
Thu Aug 28 14:45:40 2003
        NAS-IP-Address = IP.Of.Cisco.Device
        Timestamp = 1062096340
        Class = "TACACS"
        User-Name = "userid"
        cisco-avpair = "task_id=64"
        cisco-avpair = "start_time=1062096340"
        cisco-avpair = "timezone=EST"
        cisco-avpair = "service=shell"
        cisco-avpair = "priv-lvl=15"
        cisco-avpair = "cmd=show radius "
        Timestamp = 0

I just now noticed that Timestamp is in there twice. I don't know why
that is. I am going to work on extracting the cisco-avpair info out so I
can log the info into a DB.

Hope this helps.

--
| Troy Holder    troy at ncstate.net |