(RADIATOR) Log Directory unavailable

Stegen Smith ssmith at netlojix.com
Fri Oct 10 15:12:07 CDT 2003

Good Afternoon Kevin,

Perhaps on the fifth machine you can just set it up as a syslog server.
Setup Radiator to use <Log SYSLOG>, vs <Log FILE>.  I'd probably set the
Facility to something other than 'user' (which is the default radiator
uses) within the radiator configuration.  (See Radiator Manual section
6.11.1) So then you can configure the syslog server to log to say
'/var/adm/radiator.log' vs '/var/adm/messages'.

Now I've never tried this before, but I'm just going on what the
documetation says you can do, and what we know syslog should be able to
do. ;)

My 2 cents, hopefully they're worth that!

Stegen

Kevin McKee wrote:

We are running RADIATOR 3.7 under Solaris on 4 servers.  I'd like to be
able to have all four servers put their log files in the same place, so
I created a file share on a fifth machine and pointed all of the log
files to that machine.  However, when then network connection is dropped
to the log server, all four RADIATOR servers stop responding to RADIUS
requests and the process won't even respond to a SIGHUP.

> Is there a way to create a backup Log Directory that RADIATOR will
> switch to if the primary directory is unavailable?  Or is there a
> better way to get my log files and details files in the same place?
>
> -------------------------        _   _
> Kevin McKee, Network Mgr   _ __ | |_(_)
> Northwest Telephone, Inc. | '_ \| __| |
> Tel: +1 509 661 2000 x112 | | | | |_| |
> Fax: +1 509 661 2020      |_| |_|\__|_|

> This email and the files transmitted with it are confidential
> and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to
> which they are addressed. If you have received this email in
> error, please notify the sender.
> This footnote also confirms that this email message
> and attachments have been scanned for the presence
> of computer viruses.

Stegen Smith
Systems Engineer | Network Services
NetLojix Communications, Inc.