(RADIATOR) Accounting Local and forwarding using rewriteusername problems

Sergio Gómez (E-mail) sergio at baytechnologies.tv
Thu Oct 9 10:57:13 CDT 2003

Hi everybody,

    I have problems using Local and forwarding accounting. First of all here
you have a piece of mi cfg file for the 'test' realm:

<AuthBy SQL>
	Identifier  authBySQL_InsertCallAcct

	DBSource dbi:ODBC:radius_databasex
	DBUsername testuser
	DBAuth  testpass

	AccountingTable TestCalls

	AcctColumnDef NASIdentifier,NAS-IP-Address
	AcctColumnDef NasPort,NAS-Port,integer
	AcctColumnDef AcctSessionID,Acct-Session-Id
	AcctColumnDef AcctStatusType,Acct-Status-Type,integer
	AcctColumnDef UserName,User-Name
	AcctColumnDef AcctSessionTime,Acct-Session-Time,integer
	AcctColumnDef NASPortDNIS,Called-Station-Id
	AcctColumnDef CallingStationId,Calling-Station-Id
</AuthBy>

<AuthBy RADIUS>
	Identifier authByRADIUS_Realm_Test

	#IgnoreAccountingResponse
	Host		111.111.111.111
	Secret	testsecret
	AuthPort	1812
	AcctPort 	1813
	Retries 	3
	RetryTimeout 	10
</AuthBy>

<Handler Request-Type=Access-Request,Service-Type=Framed-User,Realm=test>
	AcctLogFileName	%L/radiusd_auth-%Y%m%d.log
	RewriteUsername	s/^([^@]+).*/$1/
	AuthBy		authByRADIUS_Realm_Test
</Handler>

<Handler Request-Type=Accounting-Request,Realm=test>
	AuthByPolicy 	ContinueAlways
	AuthBy		authBySQL_InsertCallAcct
	AcctLogFileName	%L/radiusd_acct-%Y%m%d.log
	RewriteUsername	s/^([^@]+).*/$1/
	AuthBy		authByRADIUS_Realm_Test
</Handler>

I have a DB where I want to store all accounting as my cisco gives me, but
my client wants to recieve Auth and Acct forwarding without realm in the
usernames.
When I use this configuration, the username field in my DB is stored without
realm... I don't know why... Please I need HELP

Thanks to all,
Sergio Gómez de Travesedo Rojas.
Baytechnologies

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au