(RADIATOR) CachePasswords not available in AuthBy ROUNDROBIN

Robert Blayzor noc at inoc.net
Thu Oct 2 15:19:35 CDT 2003

On 10/2/03 1:01 PM, "Robert Blayzor" <noc at inoc.net> wrote:

> I have a Radiator farm setup which I'm trying to AuthBy ROUNDROBIN to... It
> doesn't appear that CachePasswords works for this AuthBy.  Looking at my
> trace, auths are always sent to the clients and never lookedup in the cache
> even though I've authed several times..

I got this one figured out.  Helps to consult the manual first, mine was a
little out of date on print.  Anyway, changing the default handling of this
was the fix.

I do have one question for Hugh however.

How can one completely drop or reject any request coming in at the client
level based on attributes received (or NOT received for that matter).

For example, say I want to ignore or drop any accounting requests from a
client with the "User-Name" attribute missing, or empty string.  I see this
problem a lot on Ascent maxes.

--
Robert Blayzor, BOFH
INOC, LLC
rblayzor at inoc.net
PGP: http://www.inoc.net/~dev/
Key fingerprint = A445 7D1E 3D4F A4EF 6875  21BB 1BAA 10FE 5748 CFE9

A Life? Cool! Where can I download one of those from?

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au