(RADIATOR) Assign a IP-Address

Kyle Hultman khultman at lcmail.net
Mon Nov 10 16:31:40 CST 2003

What I do, is let radiator handle IP pools with AddressAllocator, then
in my realm I use an AuthBy DYNADDRESS, AFTER my AuthBy SQL, and give it
a pool hint. In my AuthBy sql, I have a reply attribute for
Framed-IP-Address. If this attribute is set then, by an IP in the
customer profile, then AuthBy DYNADDRESS is ignored, and the customer
gets the static IP. Look at my included config excerpts.

<AddressAllocator SQL>

         DBSource                dbi:mysql:*
         DBUsername              *
         DBAuth                  *

         Identifier              myallocator

         <AddressPool pool1>
                 Subnetmask      255.255.255.255
                 DNSServer       *
                 Range           *
         </AddressPool>
         <AddressPool pool2>
                 Subnetmask      255.255.255.255
                 DNSServer
                 Range
                 Range
                 Range
         </AddressPool>
</AddressAllocator>

<Realm DEFAULT>

         AuthByPolicy            ContinueWhileAccept
         RewriteUsername         s/^([^@]+).*/$1/

         <AuthBy SQL>

                 DBSource        dbi:mysql:*
                 DBUsername      *
                 DBAuth          *

                 Timeout         30
                 FailureBackoffTime      300
                 RejectEmptyPassword

                 # Set the default IP address group
                 #FramedGroup = 0

                 AuthSelect      select PASSWORD, \
                                 ENCRYPTEDPASSWORD, \
                                 CRYPTPASSWD, \
                                 PROTOCOL, \
                                 IPADDRESS, \
                                 IPNETMASK, \
                                 MAXSESSIONS, \
                                 PORTLIMIT, \
                                 CHECKATTR, \
                                 REPLYATTR, \
                                 PROFILE \
                                 from LCSUBSCRIBERS \
                                 where USERNAME='%n' and STATUS='A'

                 AuthColumnDef 0, User-Password, check
                 AuthColumnDef 1, Encrypted-Password, check
                 AuthColumnDef 2, Encrypted-Password, check
                 AuthColumnDef 3, Framed-Protocol, reply
                 AuthColumnDef 4, Framed-IP-Address, reply
                 AuthColumnDef 5, Framed-Netmask, reply
                 AuthColumnDef 6, Simultaneous-Use, check
                 AuthColumnDef 7, Port-Limit, reply
                 AuthColumnDef 8, GENERIC, check
                 AuthColumnDef 9, GENERIC, reply
                 AuthColumnDef 10, Profile, reply

                 AccountingTable ACCOUNTING

                 AcctFailedLogFileName %D/missedaccounting
         </AuthBy>
         <AuthBy SQL>

                 DBSource        dbi:mysql:*
                 DBUsername      *
                 DBAuth          *

                 AuthSelect      SELECT IDLETIMEOUT, SESSIONTIMEOUT \
                                 FROM PROFILES WHERE
PROFILE='%{Reply:Profile}'

                 AuthColumnDef 0, Idle-Timeout, reply
                 AuthColumnDef 1, Session-Timeout, reply

                 AddToReply      Service-Type = Framed-User

                 StripFromReply Profile
         </AuthBy>
         <AuthBy DYNADDRESS>

                 # Point to the address allocator

                 Allocator myallocator
                 PoolHint        pool1
         </AuthBy>

         SessionDatabase SDB1
         AuthLog AuthLog_1

</Realm>

--
  Kyle Hultman                    Lynchburg Computer Systems
  Network Engineer                7605 Timberlake Road

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au