(RADIATOR) Incredibly high Acct-Session-Times

Frank Danielson fdanielson at csky.com
Thu May 29 11:27:20 CDT 2003

We had a similar situation with accounting data from a 3Com Total Control
chassis. What we noticed was that these abnormally large numbers occurred
when the disconnect cause was 0 or 1 and calls that ended normally had a
disconnect cause of 2. In this case it was due to a call setup failure and
the call disconnected before it had a chance to authenticate. I ended up
writing a hook that set the time to zero if the call had an abnormal
disconnect cause and an impossibly large session time.
Here is an example of what I did ->

<Handler>
	PreProcessingHook sub {\
		my $time=${$_[0]}->get_attr('Acct-Session-Time');\
		my
$disc_cause=${$_[0]}->get_attr('Disconnect-Cause-Indicator');\
		if (($disc_cause < 2) && ($time > 999999)) {\
			${$_[0]}->change_attr('Acct-Session-Time',0);\
		}\
	}
	<AuthBy XXXX>
	</AuthBy>
</Handler>

If you examine your data you will probably find a similar pattern that you
can detect.

Frank Danielson
[Infrastructure Architect]

voice:407.515.8633