(RADIATOR) Radiator hangs with slow SQL server

Ben Browning benb at theriver.com
Tue May 20 15:15:48 CDT 2003

Greetings,

We have an instance of Radiator that serves quite a few clients. On the
back end, we have it authing by some kludgy proprietary stuff (long story)
which is woprking fine. We also have it accounting to an MS-SQL server.

The service is flawless with the MS-SQL server up and running, and it works
fine when the server is down (discarding accting info). The problem is when
the server is very very slow- sometimes Radiator hangs the whole session
waiting to enter the data into the table.

I know the longterm solution is "Get a faster SQL server", but in the short
term what can be done to alleviate this problem?

---
    Ben Browning <benb at theriver.com>
       The River Internet Access Co.
          WA Operations Manager