(RADIATOR) Auth protocol branch

James Nelson radiator at isleofatlantis.net
Thu May 15 16:08:19 CDT 2003

I've tried this and now everything is being handled by the CHAP handler,
regardless of the authentication method.  Here's what I've got:

<Handler CHAP-Password = /.*/>
# deal with CHAP
 <AuthBy SQL>
  DBSource  ***
  AuthSelect select CONCAT('{rcrypt}',txtPassword) from Customers where
UserName=%0
 </AuthBy>

 <AuthLog SQL>
  DBSource  ***
  SuccessQuery insert into RadAcct values
('%l','Success(CHAP)','%U','%N',%1)
  FailureQuery insert into RadAcct values
('%l','Failure(CHAP)','%U','%N',%1)
  LogSuccess 1
 </AuthLog>
</Handler>

<Handler>
# deal with PAP
 <AuthBy SQL>
  DBSource  ***
  AuthSelect select CONCAT('{MD5}',Password) from Customers where
UserName=%0
 </AuthBy>

 <AuthLog SQL>
  DBSource  ***
  SuccessQuery insert into RadAcct values ('%l','Success(PAP)','%U','%N',%1)
  FailureQuery insert into RadAcct values ('%l','Failure(PAP)','%U','%N',%1)
  LogSuccess 1
 </AuthLog>
</Handler>

All my logs: successes, failures, PAP or CHAP show the (CHAP) note that I
placed.  Also, I'm noticing that if it tries to authenticate when SQL has a
"Null" entry where it's Rcrypted password would be, it authenticates
regardless of what is entered in the password field.  Is that normal?

Thanks,
::James Nelson