(RADIATOR) MySQL accounting massively slows responses

Matthew Trout MatthewTrout at businessserve.co.uk
Mon Mar 31 12:10:03 CST 2003

We intended to use MySQL for both session databases, IP allocation and
accounting; the former two seem to work fine, however as soon as we put
accounting onto SQL the Accounting-Response packets take several seconds to
be sent. The MySQL connections don't seem to be active during this time.

This was happening with and without Fork enabled, and the sending NASen were
timing out, preventing users being authenticated.

Has anybody experienced anything similar? I know the information's patchy,
but I don't have a spare install to test on currently - soon as I do I'll
provide more complete info.

- Matt S Trout
Internet Systems Developer
Business Serve plc