(RADIATOR) Wanting to give certain users a static IP on a Cisco VPN

Troy Holder troy at ncstate.net
Wed Mar 19 15:45:04 CST 2003

We are setting up our VPN so that everyone will use a default group when
connecting to the concentrator. I then have my radius server set up to
check their password with kerberos (via AuthBy NCSU) and then check
their classification via Hesiod ( via AuthBy hesiod) to see what group
to put them in on the vpn.
We want to allow certain users to have a static IP address (user a gets
IP a where user b gets IP b). I know that I can use the following to set
a users IP address:
	AddToReply Framed-IP-Address = a.b.c.d
What I have not figured out is a scalable way to do this with multiple
users. I know I can add a handler for every user and add the AddToReply
line there, but I may have a few dozen down the road and do not want my
config to grow so much. I would like to either put the users and IPs in
a db or in a flat file.
The part of my config that is used by the VPN concentrator is below.
Does anyone have a suggestion?

<Client DEFAULT>
        Secret  xxxxxxxxx
        DupInterval 0