(RADIATOR) question about Radiator and Orinoco AP-2500

Primoz Jeroncic primoz at softnet.si
Wed Mar 19 03:24:39 CST 2003

Hi there

I was trying to find something about this in mailing list archive but
I didn't have to much luck so I hope you won't mind to much if this
question was answered already.

I have Orinoco (Proxim) AP-2500 which I configured for getting
authorization about allowed users from external Radius. My problem
is that when I use Cisco Secure ACS as Radius it works fine and
clients can browse web, send mails, use telnet etc. without problems
once when they sign with their username and password. As soon as I
change Cisco Secure ACS with Radiator only thing which still works
is browsing web. Sending mail, telneting etc. stop working. I'm
almost 100% sure there's just one small thing which should be
configured with Radiator to send back to Orinoco some attributes
and everything would work, but I really don't have any idea what
those attributes would be, since even on Cisco Secure ACS I didn't
configure anythnig special except username and password for user
and client IP address and authentication key (using Radius IETF
authentication not some vendor specific one).

Problem is that I would really like to use Radiator for this
and not something else, since I can write some aplication which will
be maintaining users file, much easier then playing with some SQL
for same purpose. And not to mention that I would rather have it
run on some Unix box and not Windows server. Cisco ACS runs on Solaris
too but for this project I don't have budget for Sun machine and
Cisco ACS doesn't run on Solaris for Intel.

Btw.. current config is this:
Radius.cfg

<Client 10.0.0.10>
  Secret test
  DupInterval 0
</Client>
<Realm DEFAULT>
  <AuthBy FILE>
     Filename /radiator/conf/users
  </AuthBy>
</Realm>

/radiator/conf/users
user1 Password = "test1", Expiration = 25/03/03
    Idle-Timeout = 5,
    Session-Timeout = 5,
    Fall-Through = yes

Thanks in advance for any help.

Best regards,
Primoz Jeroncic
Support - IP/VoIP Connectivity & Routing
Softnet d.o.o.  tel:  +386 1 562 31 40   |
Borovec 2       fax:  +386 1 562 18 55   |       1 + 1 = 3
1236 Trzin      mailto:primoz at softnet.si | for larger values of 1
Slovenija       http://www.softnet.si/primoz

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au