(RADIATOR) dealing with one account in two ways

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Thu Mar 13 16:37:33 CST 2003

Hello Levent -

Its nice to hear from you - I hope everything is going well?

The problem with your first solution is the format of the user entry,
which should have all the check items on the first line and all the
reply items on the second and following lines with white space at the
beginning.

The problem with your second solution is that Realms are always
evaluated before Handlers, so your Handler will never be called. If you
want to use Handlers, you should only use Handlers.

I don't really have enough information on how you want to manage your
users, but you might want to try cascaded AuthBy's for this, so you can
keep all of your usernames and passwords in a single place.

# define AuthBy clause

<AuthBy FILE>
	Identifier CheckPasswords
	Filename %D/users
</AuthBy>

# define Realms

<Realm some.domain>
	<AuthBy FILE>
		Filename %D/special.users
		AddToReplyIfNotExist Framed-IP-Address = n.n.n.n, \
			Framed-IP-Netmask = m.m.m.m
		AddToReply Service-Type = Framed-User, \
			Framed-Protocol = PPP
</Realm>

The file "%D/special.users" would contain something like this:

# special.users

DEFAULT Auth-Type = CheckPasswords

user at some.domain Calling-Station-Id = 1111, Called-Station-Id = 2222,
Auth-Type = CheckPasswords
	Framed-IP-Address = 213.61.190.162,
	Framed-IP-Netmask = 255.255.255.255

anotheruser at some.domain .....

The file "%D/users" would contain the usenames and passwords.

# users

user at some.domain Password = xxxxxx

anotheruser at some.domain Password = xxxxxxx

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au