(RADIATOR) Anyone get EAP-PEAP on XP to work Radius?

Christian Wiedmann cw_radiator at wiedmann.org
Fri Mar 7 15:03:12 CST 2003

Your settings sound fine.  I have PEAP authentication working with the same
setup on XP Home (SP1).  I don't think that it matters whether the authenticate
as computer or authenticate as guest boxes are checked (except that obviously
it's going to fail to authenticate if you don't have them configured in
Radiator).

Are you sure you're getting a TLS tunnel?  The TLS tunnel isn't established
until the first identity exchange, which normally only happens after you enter
information in the login window.  If you actually are getting to the TLS stage,
Windows must have credentials from somewhere - double check the MSCHAP-V2
settings to make sure it isn't using your Windows login information.

What AP are you using?  If it is a Linksys WRT51AB or similar, I've discovered
that the AP requires a State attribute to be in the Radius replies.  I've
modified my version of Radiator to add one.  I'm not sure if there is a cfg-
file way of doing this -- I actually modified the perl code.

	-Christian

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au