(RADIATOR) Anyone get EAP-PEAP on XP to work Radius?

John McFadden dasjlm at uwo.ca
Fri Mar 7 13:16:44 CST 2003

I installed lastest Service Pack on XP to get the built in 802.1x client
but can't seem to get it to
authenticate via Radius. It appears that I get a TLS tunnel but never
get a logon popup on XP.

I believe it is some kind of setup issue on XP not Radiator so I just
would like to
verify my XP setup before getting into Radiator.

I started the Wireless Zero Config service.

I clicked on the applicable connection and it's  property button.

In the authentication tab (confirms the Wireless Zero Config installed
and running.)
-I clicked on Enable IEEE802.1x
-I selected Protected EAP (PEAP)
-I left off Authenticate as computer
-I left off Authenticate as guest

In the peap properties tabe.
-I left off validate server certficate - I assume not required for
EAP-PEAP?  Is this my problem?
-I selected EAP-MSCHAPV2 as authentication method.

In the EAP-MSCHAPV2 properities I left off the use Windows userid,
password and domain.

Can someone comment confirm this setup should work?

Thanks in advance.

John McFadden

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au