(RADIATOR) MS-MPPE needed for pptp

baxter baxter at fredonia.edu
Tue Mar 4 07:32:30 CST 2003

I am using radiator to authenticate wireless users (from a bluesocket
wireless gateway) with the authentication going against an imap server on
our campus.  The problem I am having is that I can't seem to figure out what
I need to return on a pptp request.  The bluesocket people say I need to get
a "MS-MPPE-RECV-key" and a "MS-MPPE-RECV-send" but the log from the radiator
looks like i'm failing authentication even before i'm not getting the
receives back.  I tried adding some information to my config i found on the
faq site, but that didn't seem to help.  Any ideas?

<Realm DEFAULT>
	<AuthBy IMAP>
		# Host specifies the name or addressd of the IMAP server to use
		# You should set this to suit your own site
		Host po.cc.fredonia.edu

		# If Debug is set, IMAPClient will print details
		# of its communications to stdout
		Debug 1

		# Timeout specifies a timeout in seconds, If the IMAP
		# server does not respond in this time, the authentication
		# will fail.
		# Defaults to 10 seconds
#		Timeout 2

		# Port specifies the number of the IMAP port to use on
		# Host.
		# Defaults to 143
#		Port 9000

#		Generate MPPE keys to encrypt pptp vpns
			#AutoMPPEKeys     Yes

			#AddToReply   Service-Type = Framed-User,\
			#	Framed-Protocol = PPP,\
			#	Framed-IP-Netmask = 255.255.255.255,\
			#	Framed-Routing = None,\
			#	Framed-MTU = 1500,\
			#	Framed-Compression = Van-Jacobson-TCP-IP,\
			#	Message-Authenticator = 0000000000000000,\
			#	MS-MPPE-Encrpytion-Policy = Encryption-Allowed,\
			#	MS-MPPE-Encrption-Types = Encrption-Any
	</AuthBy>
</Realm>

Joe Baxter
Assistant Network Administrator