(RADIATOR) help with ipass accouting

Ayotunde Itayemi aitayemi at metrong.com
Tue Mar 4 04:01:31 CST 2003

Hi All, Hi Hugh,

I haven't been active on the list for some time since Radiator has simple been radiant!

I want to get radiator to log the following values into an oracle table called IPASSTABLE.
The time the ipass user disconnected ( as contained in %o) into both a VARCHAR2 and DATE field.
The time the user logged on ( calculated by subtracting the %{Acct-Session-Time} from the disconnect time) -
       this value would also be stored in aVARCHAR2 and DATE field.

I already have the first, but the second seems a little tricky. I though of subtracting %{Acct-Session-Time} from %b,
but the problem is how to convert the resulting timestamp (in seconds) back to a DATE value (and a CHAR value too)

Currently I have the following AcctSqlStatement in my radius config file.

AcctSQLStatement insert into ipasstable values ( \
 '%{User-Name}', '%{Acct-Status-Type}', \
 '%{NAS-Identifier}', '%{Framed-IP-Address}', \
 %{Acct-Session-Time}, \
 '%o', \
 to_date('%o', 'DY MON DD HH24:MI:SS YYYY'), \
 '%o', \
 to_date('%o', 'DY MON DD HH24:MI:SS YYYY') )

The first "to_date (..." is supposed to contain the calculated login time (some variation of "%b - %{Acct-Session-Time}" ?)
while the first %o is supposed to hold the login time in char format ( to_char(whatever_i_get_from_the_calculation above) ?).
Please see the LOGIN_START_DATE_DATE and LOGIN_START_DATE_CHAR in the table def below.

HELP!!!!

Regards,
Tunde I.

================ IPASSTABLE table def ================================
 Name                                              Null?        Type
 USERNAME                                               VARCHAR2(50)
 ACCTSTATUSTYPE                                    VARCHAR2(10)
 NASIDENTIFIER                                         VARCHAR2(20)
 FRAMEDIPADDRESS                                 VARCHAR2(20)
 SESSIONTIME                                           NUMBER(38)
 LOGIN_START_DATE_CHAR                      VARCHAR2(25)
 LOGIN_START_DATE_DATE                       DATE
 LOGIN_STOP_DATE_CHAR                        VARCHAR2(25)
 LOGIN_STOP_DATE_DATE                        DATE