Fwd: (RADIATOR) Odyssey client and Radiator - Question

Mike McCauley mikem at open.com.au
Mon Mar 3 17:09:14 CST 2003

Hello Steve,

> Begin forwarded message:
> > From: Steve Caporossi <capoross at musc.edu>
> > Date: Tue Mar 4, 2003  00:38:57 Australia/Melbourne
> > To: radiator at open.com.au
> > Subject: (RADIATOR) Odyssey client and Radiator - Question
> >
> > We are evaluating the Odyssey client for authenticating our wireless
> > users via TTLS.  I noticed that unless a user sets their username
> > under the TTLS settings tab, "anonymous" is recorded in the logs.  Is
> > anyone else using this client and, have you come up with a workaround
> > for this behavior?

This is the normal and expected behaviour for TTLS. They put anonymous by
default in the outer request so that the 'real' user name is not available
for sniffing.

The downside is that the Radius requests all appear to be from 'anonymous'.

You can change this behaviour in the Odyssey client by editing the
Profile/TTLS Setting page, and changing the 'Anonymous name:' field.

Hope that helps.

Cheers.

Mike McCauley                               mikem at open.com.au

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au