AW: (RADIATOR) Nokia wireless card

Huber, Rainer rainer.huber at gmx.at
Mon Jun 16 13:15:30 CDT 2003

Hi!

I've used one of these cards for a few days.

*) I got it because sometimes the setup of GPRS Sessions took up to 45sec -
usually the setup time is <15sec from the time you press Connect in Windows
until you get the IP Address (10sec communication between computer and
card/handset and 5 seconds callsetup). => some of my colleques thaught that
it was an AAA Problem  ;-) (for this reason i got it)
The problem has not been solved up to now, but according the latest infos i
have, it is a problem somewhere between the mobile and the SGSN (Air
interface) => message lost => after 30sec retry and then it works (Delay
before of after Authentication on the NAS (SGSN+GGSN))
This problem has only been seen with the D211

*) colleagues told me that there is a problem with one of the latests
firmware releases if you want to use more than one APN => only one APN can
be used - older fw releases (and maybe the newest) work well

cu
Rainer