(RADIATOR) modifying accounting SQL statements

Ayotunde Itayemi aitayemi at metrong.com
Mon Jun 9 12:07:22 CDT 2003

Hi Hugh, Hi All,

I have some SQL accouting statement that inserts the connect-speeds along with some other
connection parameters into an SQL table. At first it worked fine then I suddenly noticed
that no new records were being put into the table. The trace 4 debug log showed that the
accounting records coming from the RAS (Patton boxes) sometimes did not contain the
affected fields (Ascend-Data-Rate and Ascend-Xmit-Rate) - not that they are set to zero -
they are not in the records written to the radius log at all). This causes the SQL insert
statement to fail. Is there someway I can get the insert to succeed even when some fields
are missing?

I was thinking of something like:  INSERT .... %{Ascend-Xmit-Rate}+0, .....

Now I find that ALL the packets from the patton RASes (model 2966) dont contain the
2 fields at all - and I haven't reconfigured the boxes at all.

"Radiator looks radiant!"

Regards,
Tunde Itayemi.

The accouting-start insert statement as it stands currently (the other one is for accounting-stop)

AcctSQLStatement insert into accessaccounting values ( \
 '%{User-Name}', 0,'%{Acct-Status-Type}', \
 '%{NAS-Identifier}', \
 '%{Called-Station-Id}', '%{Calling-Station-Id}', \
 %{Ascend-Data-Rate}, %{Ascend-Xmit-Rate}, \
 '%{Framed-IP-Address}', %{Acct-Delay-Time}, \
 '%o', to_date('%o', 'DY MON DD HH24:MI:SS YYYY'), \
 '%o', to_date('%o', 'DY MON DD HH24:MI:SS YYYY') )