(RADIATOR) radiator for DSL

Mike McCauley mikem at open.com.au
Sun Jun 1 18:41:56 CDT 2003

Hello,

On Mon, 2 Jun 2003 01:48 am, comeng eng wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Does radiator treats DSL/ADSL requests same as PPP frames or is there any
> change required in cfg file?

This is really a question about how the Radius clients behave. You can
probably expect that DSL/ADSL requests may have different attribtues compared
to dialup PPP, especially for accounting requests.

> Secondly is there any option (like time based
> accounting in radiator) for volume based accounting? or we must have to do
> it with some database?

In order to do time-based or volume based accounting, you will will prob need
to use an external database.

Caution: although there is a way for most NASs to limit the session time to
the prepaid tim (with Session-Timout) few if any NASs allow you to specify a
max volume limit.

Mike McCauley                               mikem at open.com.au

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au