(RADIATOR) Queries on proxy radius and config file auto refre sh on Radiator Radius

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Mon Jul 21 02:56:05 CDT 2003

Hello Brian -

On Monday, Jul 21, 2003, at 17:21 Australia/Melbourne, Brian CHNG Sing
Yong wrote:

> Hi Hugh
>
> Thanks for the reply, further queries on the two questions, using the
> client default resolves the need to configure new RAS client in the
> Radiator but at my Radius Host i still need to add the RAS client on
> it, I wasn't thinking if the Radiator can strip off NAS-IP and replace
> it's IP on the NAS-IP attributes before sending to the Radius Host so
> that at the Radius host it will always appears as the Radiator IP
> instead of the RAS IP, this effectively helps me in controlling the
> effort to configure new NAS-IP on the Radius Host. Is this feasible?
> Thanks

I wouldn't suggest this as it will probably break things in unforseen
ways.

> RAS-> Radiator -> Radius Host
>
> # Remove any NAS-IP-Address
> StripFromRequest NAS-IP-Address
> # Append a Filter-ID
> AddToRequest Calling-Station-Id=1.1.1.1
>
> Second questions
> Using kill - HUP , am I right to say, I can just do a kill -HUP
> <Process ID> on the radisud process and it will take effect on the new
> updated config file? But I have this problem when I do this, the
> Radiator is not able to write into the mySQL DB anymore until a
> complete shutdown and restart on the apps and DB, then it will
> returnto normal operation. Thanks
>
> kill -HUP < Process ID > of the process "perl radiusd -config_file
> <config file name>"

This should work - but if it doesn't you will need to kill and restart
the radiusd process.

Do you see any error messages in the log files when you send the HUP?