(RADIATOR) Queries on proxy radius and config file auto refre sh on Radiator Radius

Brian CHNG Sing Yong brianc at starhub.com
Mon Jul 21 02:21:00 CDT 2003

Hi Hugh

Thanks for the reply, further queries on the two questions, using the client
default resolves the need to configure new RAS client in the Radiator but at
my Radius Host i still need to add the RAS client on it, I wasn't thinking
if the Radiator can strip off NAS-IP and replace it's IP on the NAS-IP
attributes before sending to the Radius Host so that at the Radius host it
will always appears as the Radiator IP instead of the RAS IP, this
effectively helps me in controlling the effort to configure new NAS-IP on
the Radius Host. Is this feasible? Thanks

RAS-> Radiator -> Radius Host

# Remove any NAS-IP-Address
StripFromRequest NAS-IP-Address
# Append a Filter-ID
AddToRequest Calling-Station-Id=1.1.1.1

Second questions
Using kill - HUP , am I right to say, I can just do a kill -HUP <Process ID>
on the radisud process and it will take effect on the new updated config
file? But I have this problem when I do this, the Radiator is not able to
write into the mySQL DB anymore until a complete shutdown and restart on the
apps and DB, then it will returnto normal operation. Thanks

kill -HUP < Process ID > of the process "perl radiusd -config_file <config
file name>"

Regards
Brian
Information Technology