(RADIATOR) WiFi - Business

Jeremy L. Mordkoff jlm at TataraSystems.com
Fri Jan 17 10:34:07 CST 2003

My feeling is that hotspots will never be a good business in their own
right, but that very soon they will considered a necessary service (and
hence a business differentiator) for many types of businesses. Hotels,
airlines, coffee shops, trains, and any place people spend a lot of time
will use wifi access as way to rise above the crowd.

The only companies that will be able to make real money on wifi are the
ones with extensive networks and good backend billing systems already in
place, such as the big ISPs and the wireless carriers.

So if you want to sell hotspot access, you need to partner up with
businesses that can use wifi as a selling point.

Just my $0.02

JLM

Jeremy Mordkoff
Tatara Systems