(RADIATOR) Idea for an app...

Anton Krall akrall at intruder.com.mx
Mon Jan 6 20:45:15 CST 2003

Guys... I have an idea and I need some help figuring out the specs.

1. A client of mine just called to ask for a quote for a software
developed inhouse that’s intended for an internet café. The software has
this specs:

- Install a linux machine with php, mysql, and radiator
- Make some php pages for an admin system that can create serial numbers
(instead of usernames, the serials are for prepaid cards), passwords and
assign minutes to the cards.
- Make the php pages that can let the users review how many minutes they
have left on the serial/prepaid card they bought
- Configure radiator to auth against the mysql db with serials and limit
access to X amount of minutes depending on the prepaid card they bought.

How much would somebody charge for coding this kind of app? I need an
estimate on how to charge my client for this.

2. This is a tech question.

What would you need to implement an internet café with wireless/ethernet
adaptors and create a LAN, so that when a user plugs their laptop to the
eth port or turns on their WiFi cards, they are assigned an IP and
everything else via DHCP and then when they try to use HTTP, FTP or any
kind of internet access, they are psented with a popup asking for a
username and password?

This username and password would interact against a radiator server like
the one mentioned on step 1.

What kind of configuration, hardware is needed for such an
implementation?

Thx for any ideas you can provide.

Anton Krall

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au