(RADIATOR) Proposal for feature

Pavel A Crasotin pavel at ctk.ru
Sun Jan 5 07:43:26 CST 2003

Hello,

We are using Radiator with Oracle to store clients' data: login,
password, quotes etc. I'm using Radiator to authenticate dialup from
different access servers, POP3/IMAP mailboxes and so on.

So my radius.cfg contains about 10 <AuthBy PLSQL> clauses. And every
clause uses the same parameters:

    DBSource    dbi:Oracle:host.domain.com
    DBUsername  user
    DBAuth      password
    FailureBackoffTime  600
    Timeout             60

Maybe it will be reasonable to store such parameters separately and
create new clause for it.
For example:

<SqlDb TestDB>
    DBSource    dbi:Oracle:host.domain.com
    DBUsername  user
    DBAuth      password
    FailureBackoffTime  600
    Timeout             60
</SqlDb>

<AuthBy SQL>
    DBParams    TestDB

    AuthSelect ....

What do you think?

With respect,
Pavel A Crasotin
OJSC SeverTransCom
40/13 Sobinova, Yaroslavl, 150000, Russia
Tel/Fax: +7 (0852) 47-71-70, 47-69-49
         +7 (0852) 72-17-28, 72-17-38

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au