(RADIATOR) <AuthBy GROUP>

Luis Marquez luism at digitalpath.net
Wed Feb 26 12:40:14 CST 2003

Hello everyone,

I am trying to configure radiator for use with multiple authentication methods. From what I have read, it looks like I can use <AuthBy GROUP> to group the Authby clauses together. I would like to be able to authenticate via a users file or the unix password file. My users also need to have the ability to connect via a PPTP vpn. This is what I have so far:

Thanks for any advice

# radius.cfg
#
# This is a very simple radius.cfg that you can use to get started.
# Listen for authentication requests on port 1812 as per RFC
# 2138
AuthPort 1812

# Set this to the directory where your logfile and details file are to go
LogDir /var/log/radius

# Set this to the database directory. It should contain these files:
# users           The user database
# dictionary      The dictionary for your NAS
DbDir /etc/raddb

# This clause defines a single client to listen to
<Client 1.2.3.4>
Secret   xxxx
</Client>

# For testing: this allows us to honour requests from radpwtst
# on the same host.
<Client 127.0.0.1>
Secret xxxx
DupInterval 0
</Client>

# This clause handles all users from all realms by looking them up
# in the users file at /usr/local/etc/raddb/users

<Realm whatever.net>
<AuthBy GROUP>
AuthByPolicy ContinueUntilAccept
# Generate MPPE keys to encrypt pptp vpns
                AutoMPPEKeys Yes
# simultaneous logins
DefaultSimultaneousUse 3
    <AuthBy UNIX>
# Shadow file
Filename /etc/shadow
    </AuthBy>
    <AuthBy FILE>
# The filename defaults to %D/users

# Log accounting to the detail file in LogDir
AcctLogFileName %L/detail
</Realm>

Luis

Digital Path Networks