(RADIATOR) AuthLog AuthBy?

Jeremy Hinton jgh at visi.net
Thu Feb 20 12:51:47 CST 2003

Greetings,

	I'm trying to figure out of theres a way to log which AuthBy clause issued
the Request-Failed via AuthLogSQL.  I use a AuthBy LDAP primarily, but if
that times out i fall back to an AuthBy SQL. When an auth attempt gets
rejected, i'd like to know if the AuthBy LDAP timed out and its the SQL
backup thats rejecting them. I've tried the following with no luck:

- Setting GlobalVar's in the Authby clauses and then logging those. Didn't
work since GlobalVars are illegal outside of Global scope
- Logging %{Handler:AuthBy}. This logged an array referrence.
- Adding AuthBy specific reply items and logging those with %{Reply:xx}. It
doesn't appear you can add attributes to a Auth-Reject.

I though about maybe a PostAuthHook, but that starts to get really messy.

Does anyone know of a way to do this? Thanks.

- jeremy

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au