(RADIATOR) Using SQL statemens inside a PostAuthHook

Bogdan TARU bgd at icomag.de
Wed Feb 19 04:44:00 CST 2003

	Hi Hugh,

 What happens if I want to use the database connection from somewhere
'outside' the AuthBy? For example, in a "PostAuthHook"?

 I have tried the following:

--------------------------
PostAuthHook sub { \
  my $p = ${$_[0]}; \
  my $rp = ${$_[1]}; \
  my $op = ${$_[2]}; \
  my $identifier = $p->{Client}->{Identifier}; \
  &main::log($main::LOG_DEBUG, "Using Identifier $identifier"); \
}
--------------------------

 And that didn't work. I have also tried the example in goodies/hooks.txt
file, meaning I have replaced the line:

  my $identifier = $p->{Client}->{Identifier}; \

 with

  my $identifier = Radius::Util::format_special('%{Handler:Identifier}', $op,
$rp);

 But that didn't work either. I imagine it doesn't work because it's
outside the 'scope' of the AuthBy block.

 Thanks,
 bogdan

iCom Media AG
Kirchweg 36