(RADIATOR) AuthColumnDef questions

terry at ccis.net terry at ccis.net
Sat Feb 15 10:21:38 CST 2003

I am in the process of converting our login profiles from a text list of
exception users and a default, to a MySQL database.

1) There are some fields I cannot determine to be "Check" or "Reply". Can
anyone confirm what I have flagged, and provide the fills (?)?

field               c/r       Typical Values
NAS-Port-Type       (Check)        Async,  for  Dialup, blank for multi
User-Service-Type   (Check)        Framed-User or Login-User (shell)
Framed-Protocol     (Reply)        PPP
Framed-Address (Reply)        255.255.255.254
Framed-Netmask (Reply)        255.255.255.255           R
Framed-Routing (Reply)        None            R
Framed-MTU          (Reply)        1500            R
Framed-Compression  (?)       Van-Jacobsen-TCP-IP
Framed-Route        (Reply)        blank, otherwise (ex:"209.195.254.68/30
209.195.254.28")
Ascend-Maximum-Channels  (Relpy)   1
Login-Service       (Reply)        blank                 login, Telnet
Login-Host          (Reply)        blank

2) Is there a way to code a default Check/Reply in the case where an
AuthSelect-ed field is blank? E.g.,

AuthSelect select PASSWORD, CHECKATTR, REPLYATTR from SUBSCRIBERS where
USERNAME=%0
AuthColumnDef 0, User-Password, check
AuthColumnDef 1, GENERIC, check
AuthColumnDef 2, GENERIC, reply
..if field 1 is "", use 'Service-Type=Framed-User"'
..if field 2 is "" use 'Framed-Protocol=PPP,Framed-IP-Netmask
=255.255.255.0,....'

Terry Ryan, CCIS Inc.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au