(RADIATOR) How to configure?

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Thu Feb 13 19:40:33 CST 2003

Hello Gabriel -

You should first of all install Perl from ActiveState
(www.activestate.com).

Then you should open a DOS window and change directory to the Radiator
distribution directory.

You should then be able to run the following command for testing:

	perl radiusd -config_file radius.cfg

You can then develop your own configuration file and do some testing
with it.

When you are ready to run Radiator in production you should set it up
as a service as described in section 16.4 of the Radiator 3.5 reference
manual ("doc/ref.html").

On Friday, Feb 14, 2003, at 09:21 Australia/Melbourne, Gabriel Chang
wrote:

> To Whom It May Concern:
>
>                                      I have an evaluation copy of your
> Radiator, I have installed it by following your reference manual. The
> platform, I have used is on Windows 2000 Server. However I am having
> problems configuring it by following your instructions.
>

> I’m not sure what to do next?
>

> In the Radiator directory I have a radius.cfg file and also in the
> Goodies directory there are some sample config files in there. This is
> the first time I have installed a radius so bare my ignorance.
>

> Referring to the reference manual on Radiator there are some scripts
> that tell me what to do. But I’m not sure where I should start. Could
> anyone tell me what I should do next step.
>

> Thanks & Kind Regards
>
> Gabriel

NB: I am travelling this week, so there may be delays in our
correspondence.