(RADIATOR) Different Databases

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Thu Feb 13 19:41:30 CST 2003

Hello William -

You will need to specify two seperate AuthBy SQL clauses:

# define AuthBy clauses

<AuthBy SQL>
	Identifier AccountingOnly
	IgnoreAuthentication
	AccountingTable ......
	AcctColumnDef ......

<AuthBy SQL>
	Identifier AuthenticationOnly
	AuthSelect ....
	AuthColumnDef ....
	# no AccountingTable to disable accounting

# define Handlers

<Handler .....>
	# accounting AuthBy first, then authentication AuthBy
	AuthByPolicy ContinueAlways
	AuthBy AccountingOnly
	AuthBy AuthenticationOnly

This topic has been discussed many times on the mailing list:

	www.open.com.au/archives/radiator

On Friday, Feb 14, 2003, at 06:42 Australia/Melbourne, William Taylor
wrote:

> Is there a way to Authenticate users out of one SQL database and insert
> the accounting records into a different database?
>
> I would like to have a seperate ACCOUNTING database and it doesn't look
> like I can right now.

NB: I am travelling this week, so there may be delays in our
correspondence.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au