(RADIATOR) Rodopi & Radiator

Tim Jung tjung at igateway.net
Fri Feb 7 23:27:53 CST 2003

Ok I found out that there are significant changes in the up coming FreeTDS
v0.61. If you ask either the DBD-Sybase author about what to run he will
tell you to run DBD-Sybase v0.95 and then he and the FreeTDS guys will tell
you if your running that version of DBD-Sybase you should be running the
latest CVS snapshot of FreeTDS v0.61. While I am sure this is all fine and
well for most people this is a problem when used with Radiator.

Since I was able to get it working by backing off to FreeTDS v0.60 I had to
edit the DBD-Sybase v0.95 dbdimp.c file and change all cs_ctx_global(....)
to cs_ctx_alloc(....). This is because of the changes that DBD-Sybase did
on the latest release that the older version of FreeTDS didn't take in to
account. This is why they tell you to run the latest v0.61 CVS snapshot.
You also need to tell FreeTDS to compile with version 7.0 TDS protocol
support for MS-SQL 7.0 and MS-SQL 2000. You won't be able to pass all the
DBD-Sybase tests but you will have enough support to make Radiator work.

Also I found out that Radiator doesn't specify the database that it is
connecting to when using Authby Rodopi. You need to make sure that the
default database for the account is set to AbacBill or you will run into
problems. Also you need to make sure that the account has "public" access
to the "AbacBill" database at a minimum.

Also don't forget to edit the "freedts.conf" file and setup the server name
alias. This is where you set the protocol version, IP address of the
server, port of the server, etc. Then you can edit the Radiator radius.cfg
file to reflect this alias on the DBSource line.

If Radiator would like a step by step guide to this let me know. I have all
my notes already on everything I did to make it work and thus it would be
no big deal to put one together.

Tim Jung
System Admin
Internet Gateway