(RADIATOR) FreeTDS & DBD-Sybase Install

Tim Jung tjung at igateway.net
Wed Feb 5 08:09:49 CST 2003

RE: (RADIATOR) FreeTDS & DBD-Sybase InstallI found this information on the
internet.

There is an open source project - FreeTDS, http://www.freetds.org/ - to
create an interface to TDS-compliant database servers such as Sybase and,
MS SQL. MS SQL 7.0 speaks TDS version 7.0, but will also speak TDS 4.2. The
distinction twixt 4.2 and 7.0 seems to be support for unicode and long
varchars. The TDS 7.0 support in FreeTDS is incomplete. By building the
OpenTDS code for the 4.2 protocol level, you get libraries that can talk to
MS SQL 7.0 - presumably, so long as the databases aren't unicode and don't
use long varchars.

Does Radiator use Unicode or long varchars when talking to MS-SQL 7.0 using
the Rodopi Auth?

Tim Jung
System Admin
Internet Gateway