(RADIATOR) FreeTDS & DBD-Sybase Install

Tim Jung tjung at igateway.net
Wed Feb 5 04:31:09 CST 2003

I am having a problem getting all the perl modules and database stuff
installed correctly on my Red Hat 8.0 server. I was wondering if anyone
might be able to help.

I have installed all the MD4, MD5, LDAP, DBI modules without any problems.
I am now working on getting the FreeTDS and DBD-Sybase stuff installed. I
am trying to connect to a Windows 2000 SP3 server running MSSQL 7.0 SP3.

I have downloaded both the FreeTDS v0.60 and today's CVS snapshot of v0.61
and I have tried telling it to do any one of the following:
./configure --with-tdsver=4.2
./configure --with-tdsver=7.0
./configure --with-tdsver=8.0
It compiles both v0.60 & v0.61 versions with no errors and whatever version
of the TDS protocol that I tell it.

I then try and install the DBD-Sybase v0.95 module without much luck. If I
use the FreeTDS v0.60 I then have to edit the DBD-Sybase file dbdimp.c and
change all cs_ctx_global(....) to cs_ctx_alloc(....) to get it to compile
at all. If I use the current snapshot of FreeTDS I don't have to do this.

Regardless no matter which way I do it I can't seem to get the DBD-Sybase
v0.95 to pass all the "make test" tests with 100%. I get from 84% to 86% of
the tests passed.

Now my question is which version of the TDS protocol should I be using for
MSSQL 7.0 SP3? The other question is, am I getting these errors because I
somehow screwed up my "tempdb" database trying all these different versions
of the software or should I just ignore the errors since it won't pass all
the tests but it will work well enough for Radiator?

In case it matters I am using Radiator-Demo 3.5, and I eventually want to
connect it to Rodopi v5.2 SP3.

Any help that anyone can give me would be appreciated.

Tim Jung
System Admin
Internet Gateway
tjung at igateway.net