(RADIATOR) Re: How does SessionDatabase SQL identify different connections?

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Sun Dec 21 16:04:40 CST 2003

Hello Mario -

The control of simultaneous sessions depends on having accurate
information in the radius requests to uniquely identify each session.

Radiator's session database uses the NAS-IP-Address and NAS-Port
attributes to uniquely identifiy sessions, therefore it follows that if
these attributes do not uniquely identify sessions then you have a
problem. Radiator attempts to be self-healing when dealing with the
session database by doing a delete for any access request using the
NAS-IP-Address and NAS-Port contained in the request. This is because
we may have missed a stop record and hence have a "stale" session.

You will need to do some experiments using different attributes in the
SQL queries for the SessionDatabase SQL clause.

See section 6.7 in the Radiator 3.7.1 reference manual ("doc/ref.html").

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au