(RADIATOR) AddressAllocator and SQL

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Wed Dec 17 17:10:40 CST 2003

Hello Vangelis -

This is from the Radiator 3.7.1 reference manual ("doc/ref.html"):

6.56.5 FindQuery

This optional parameter allows you to define a custom SQL query to find
an available address. Defaults to

select TIME_STAMP, YIADDR, SUBNETMASK, DNSSERVER from RADPOOL
where POOL='%0' and STATE=0 order by TIME_STAMP

%0 is replaced by the pool hint. %1 is replaced by the username.

  Hint : You can get a substantial speedup during address allocation
with mysql by adding `limit 1'' to the end of the FindQuery.

You should check your Sybase documentation to ascertain what the
equivalent syntax is.

A quick Google search on "sybase select limit" turns up quite a few
useful hits.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au