(RADIATOR) AddressAllocator and SQL

Vangelis Kyriakakis vkyriak at forthnet.gr
Wed Dec 17 03:26:13 CST 2003

Hello,

      we are trying to use AddressAllocator with Microsoft SQL and Sybase.
      In both situations the default FindQuery

select TIME_STAMP,YIADDR,SUBNETMASK,DNSSERVER from RADPOOL where
POOL='%0' and STATE=0 order by TIME_STAMP

       tries to allocate a lot of addresses and finally returns an error
"Too many simultaneous address requests"

      In Microsoft SQL I can use the following query:

 select top 1 TIME_STAMP,YIADDR,SUBNETMASK,DNSSERVER from RADPOOL where
POOL='%0' and STATE=0 order by TIME_STAMP

      and it works fine, trying once to allocate an IP. But this query
doesn't work with Sybase. What can I use instead of this? Do I do
something wrong with default query?

                Regards
                      Vangelis

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au