(RADIATOR) Emergency - Please help

Mike McCauley mikem at open.com.au
Fri Aug 29 07:56:01 CDT 2003

Hello Craig,

On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 10:27 pm, Craig Gittens wrote:
> I have been having endless problems with an upgrade the modem providers
> have done. What I am seeing now is that IP allocation is done and gives 6-8
> IP addresses to the same person. Ok we are investigating and I will get
> back to you with data. However, in the mean time I want to add the
> Deallocate Query and change the default query to use USERNAME = %2 instead
> of looking for the IP used in the stop packet. This would solve my porblem
> temporarily. However when I add it to the config and restart radius at
> debug, it still uses the default query. Is it a bug with 3.6.0?

Sounds curious. BTW The only positional arg that is used by DeallocateQuery is
%0, which is replaced by the address.

If Radiator is not using the Deallocate Query in your config file, then the
possibilites are:

1. You have incorrect spelling or capitalisaiton of DeallocateQuery
2. The config file you changed is _not_ the one that Radiaotr is not actually
using (Radiator will tell you which it read in the log file when it starts
up).

To tell more we would need to see your configuraiton file (no secrets) and a
log file at trace level 4.

Cheers.

Mike McCauley                               mikem at open.com.au

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au