(RADIATOR) Radiator and Mysql under load

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Mon Aug 18 17:48:39 CDT 2003

Hello Geoffrey -

You shouldn't have any problems with the numbers you indicate below.

In answer to your questions:

1. I would say that most of our customers use MySQL, with both Oracle
and MSSQL used less often.

2. At startup the Radiator configuration file is parsed and a variety
of memory structures are built including a list of Realms. 1000 Realms
will not use much memory at all - less than a megabyte I would say.

BTW - if the Realms are being used for proxying, you might consider the
AuthBy SQLRADIUS clause as an alternative which allows you to manage
the list of Realms in the database as well. See section 6.45 in the
Radiator 3.6 reference manual ("doc/ref.html").

Of course you should also set up a test environment so you can see how
your configuration performs.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au