(RADIATOR) Urgent - Radiator does not reply NAS with accounting accept respo nse

Brian CHNG Sing Yong brianc at starhub.com
Mon Aug 11 20:06:32 CDT 2003

Hi

How can I configure the Radiator Radius to work in such a way that when NAS
send an accounting packet to Radiator, it will reply immediately with
accounting response and then proxy the accounting request to multiple Radius
Host without waiting for accounting response from the Radius Host?

Reason for this configuration:-
I'm using the Radiator in a GPRS network and it has capability of accessing
to the Internet & WAP via GPRS, but I have one issue here is that the GGSN
or NAS requires the Radius to response with a accounting response before it
will establish a PDP context which will allow the mobile phone to access to
the Internet, but due to the behavior of the Radiator Radius Server, it does
not reply with the accounting response to the NAS until the Radius Host
replies to the Radiator with the response. So when my Radius Host is down,
it affects my GPRS network towards the Internet link.

Regards
Brian

This email is confidential and privileged.  If you are not the intended
recipient, you must not view, disseminate, use or copy this email. Kindly
notify the sender immediately, and delete this email from your system. Thank
you.

Please visit our website at www.starhub.com