(RADIATOR) outsourcing and unterminated sessions

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Fri Aug 8 17:55:45 CDT 2003

Hello Daniel -

My personal point of view is that this is unacceptable perfromance on
the part of vendor A. Dropping radius accounting requests is bad
enough, but the question to ask yourself is "what else are they
dropping, and what sort of perfromance are your customers seeing?". I
would be asking some hard questions and looking for some form of SLA
(service level agreement).

Vendor B's suggestion is not a bad one, and some of our customers use
this approach.

Note however that Radiator automatically removes all sessions for a NAS
that is rebooted or restarted when it sees the initial accounting on
request, assuming of course that you actually receive it.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au