(RADIATOR) Un-sane packets

O'Shea, Paul paul at level9.net
Mon Aug 4 17:08:10 CDT 2003

Hi Kevin,

There is a known IOS issue which would seem to pertain to the symptoms you
are experiencing, although it does only seem to relate to the AS5400 -
according to the documentation the caveat "CSCdt05873" is resolved in Cisco
IOS Release 12.1(5) XM3

CSCdt05873
Symptoms   Acknowledgements of RADIUS resource accounting packets may not be
processed correctly, causing the accounting record to be improperly send
again. When you enable the debug radius command, messages such as the
following may be seen:

RADIUS: Received from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx - un-sane packet

Other RADIUS accounting packets work normally.

Conditions   This symptom is observed on a Cisco AS5400.

Workaround   Disable the Resource Accounting feature.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1835/prod_release_note09186a008015a8c6.html
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5013/prod_release_note09186a0080088185.html
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios121/121relnt/5400/rn5400xm.pdf

hth