(RADIATOR) AuthLog problems with ODBC

Tim Ballingall tim at mazda.com.au
Wed Apr 30 02:04:47 CDT 2003

Hello all,

I'm having problems getting Authlog to connect to an MS SQL server via ODBC.

I'm running Radiator 3.6 on a Windows 2000 Server with SP3. The database is
actually the MSDE Runtime ( Which is SQL Server 7.00.623 ). The machine has
ActivePerl 5.6.1 Build 631.

<AuthLog SQL>
         Identifier 		Radmin_authlog
         DBSource     	dbi:ODBC:radius
         DBUsername 	USERNAME
         DBAuth 		PASSWORD
</AuthLog SQL>

I've got the DSN configured in odbc manager such that the system dsn
"radius" points to the database on the same machine. Note that the tables
are created in their own database radius ( configured in odbc ) and not in
the default database master.

However, I don't seem to be able to connect to it at all. Authentication is
working fine, but I want to log successful & failed requests. My log is as
follows :

Wed Apr 30 16:51:42 2003: DEBUG: Access accepted for TIM
Wed Apr 30 16:51:42 2003: ERR: Could not connect to SQL database with
DBI->connect dbi:ODBC:radius, USERNAME, PASSWORD:
Wed Apr 30 16:51:42 2003: ERR: Could not connect to any SQL database.
Request is ignored. Backing off for 600 seconds

I've struggled with this for a few days now but no matter what I try I can't
seem to get it to connect. I've installed the DBD-ODBC package in ppm.

Thanks in advance, any advice most welcome.

Tim

Mazda Australia takes many precautions to ensure emails are virus free.
For extra protection you should virus scan this message yourself.