(RADIATOR) practical limit of session database

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Tue Apr 15 18:36:48 CDT 2003

Hello Shan -

There is no particular limit to the number of entries in the session
database. Your database should be able to handle many times more than
10k records.

However, you are not correct when you say that Radiator updates the
session database every 30 seconds. The session database is maintained
primarily by radius accounting records from your NAS equipment. An
accounting start will insert a record and an accounting stop will
delete a record. If your NAS equipement is configured for periodic
accounting updates, then those too will be used to maintain the session
database.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au