(RADIATOR) PEAP config and proxying

Rute Sofia rsofia at seas.upenn.edu
Mon Apr 14 07:22:45 CDT 2003

Hi,

I'm trying to use PEAP with radiator, under the following scenario (the
basic eap_peap config is working):

I want users within my domain mydomain.xpto to authenticate locally (for
now, a text file), and requests from users outside this domain, to be
forwarded to another server.

The radius.cfg I use is bellow. I'm having a problem with the
"anonymous" user: because it is not within my realm, the request is
forwarded by default to the central radius server and hence,
authentication gets rejected. How can I avoid this, what exactly am I
doing wrong?

Radius.cfg:

<Handler TunnelledByPEAP=1>
       <AuthBy FILE>
                 # anonymous-PEAP must be in here:
                 Filename /tmp/users
                 # This tells the PEAP client what types of inner EAP
requests
                 # we will honour
                 EAPType MSCHAP-V2
         </AuthBy>
</Handler>

<Realm mydomain.xpto>
         <AuthBy FILE>
                 Filename                        /tmp/users
                 EAPType                         PEAP
                 EAPTLS_CAFile
/etc/radius/cert/demoCA/cacert.pem
                 EAPTLS_CertificateFile
/etc/radius/cert/cert-srv.pem
                 EAPTLS_CertificateType          PEM
                 EAPTLS_PrivateKeyFile
/etc/radius/cert/cert-srv.pem
                 EAPTLS_PrivateKeyPassword       whatever
                 EAPTLS_MaxFragmentSize          1024
                 AutoMPPEKeys
  </AuthBy>
</Realm>

#proxies other requests
<Realm DEFAULT>
         <AuthBy RADIUS>
                 Host            central-radius.mydomain.xpto
                 Secret          xxxxxx
                 AuthPort        xxx
                 Retries         3
         </AuthBy>