(RADIATOR) RADIUS - can I use RADIUS to authenticate Web users - refer IAS document

MURUGAN V V MURUGANVV at nestec.net
Wed Sep 25 02:37:09 CDT 2002

Hi,

I am new in the RADIUS world, so If my question is meaning less -
please forgive me....

When I read one document about IAS (Internet Authentication Server - RADIUS
server by Microsoft)
In the FAQ - it is said like this...

Question :    Can I use IAS to authenticate Web users?

Answer    :  No. Most Web servers, including all versions of the Microsoft
Internet Information Server, do not use RADIUS to authenticate Web users.

can any body can give the details about this?

I wonder  why can't I use RADIUS to authenticate Web users.

Please give clarification..

Thanks,
Murugan V V
mailto:muruganvv at nestec.net