(RADIATOR) radiator & win 2000 licence problems

Miro Majcen miro at boter.net
Wed Sep 25 02:14:42 CDT 2002

hello folks,

i have been unscucessfully trying to enter and fully activate our copy of radiator using the licence key provided. I am using Win2000 Advanced server with DNS running on the same machine. I have set up the hostname of the machine so that it matches exactly to the hostname in licence (let's call it hostname123.domain.com) . When i try and run the radiusd with licence information in .cfg file i get the error message saying invalid licence for the hostname. The same licence works fine on linux server.

I have been trying out various options under TCP/IP settings (setting DNS suffixes trough various options there, i'm sure i tried about everything there is) . The my computer hostname shows hostname as required the "hostname" command in console only shows hostname123 instead of hostname123.domain.com.

Anyone with similar problems out there ?

Thanks !

Miro