(RADIATOR) Help required in using radiator as proxy client in TCH1000 RAS

Amit_G_Gupta at 3com.com Amit_G_Gupta at 3com.com
Wed Sep 18 01:03:46 CDT 2002

Hi there,

I am able to install the radiator by going through your documents. I am
facing some problem. Let me explain what I am trying to achieve using
radiator software.
One of our cutomer in India is using 3COM TCH1000 RAS. TCH1000 Hiper
Arc(Router Card) is connected to two Radius servers. This customer is also
a Basic service provider company, hence having lots of subscribers using
their basic services. Now what they have done is, they have given this
extra previlige to these subscribers of not chrging them. They dial a no.
let say 12345 and on the basis of that no. their request is passed on to
that Radius server which is programmed to accept these subscribers and not
initiating the accounting logs.
Now the users other than the above mentioned subscribers, have to dial
different no. to connect to RAS. Let say, they dial 765432 and on the basis
of this DNIS their request is passed on to the other radius server. This
radius server now will charge these customers as per thier usage time.

What my requirement is to put this radiator proxy inbetween our TCH1000RAs
and their radius server. So when ever a user dials to RAS, based on the
DNIS proxy will understand where to forward the call either on radius A or
on radius b. If a customer is calling 12345 it should go to radius A and
should not charge the customer and if it is dialing 765432 it should go to
radius B.

Now what I want from you is to help me in configuring this radiator proxy
on the above mentioned scenario.  I have Win2000 machine with me and I have
already installed the active pearl and radiator for mschap authetication.
Please help me in creating scripts to make it working for the above
svenario.

Please work on this or if possible tell me if I can give you a call to
discuss these issues.

Regards,
Amit

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au