(RADIATOR) %{Handler:name}

Mariano Absatz radiator at lists.com.ar
Fri Sep 13 14:06:02 CDT 2002

El 13 Sep 2002 a las 15:00, Mariano Absatz escribió:

> > Otherwise, if you want to do fancy things such as you show below, you
> > should use a hook (examples in "goodies/hooks.txt"). And it would
> > probably be best to set a pseudo-attribute in the request packet that
> > would then be used in the AuthBy clause.
> Can't I do it via an "AddToRequest" in the <Handler>?
> (http://www.open.com.au/radiator/ref.html#pgfId=428093) I can Perl, but,
> especially when it is for a customer, I'd rather do it cleanly in the config
> file...

(using again the BAD habit of replying to my own message)

Now that I think about it... whether I do it via config file or hook, the
problem of adding a pseudo-attribute to the request packet is that the
request packet will be forwarded to the proxied radius server... if I don't
prevent this, would the proxied packet include this pseudo-attribute? or the
packet to be proxied is not what I see as the "request packet"?

That is, in the case of <AuthBy RADIUS> (or it's siblings), the request
packet is not discarded, so I can not fiddle with it too liberally...

Or can I add the attribute in the calling <Handler> with "AddToRequest"
(http://www.open.com.au/radiator/ref.html#pgfId=428093) and remove it in the
called <AuthBy RADIUS> with "StripFromRequest"
(http://www.open.com.au/radiator/ref.html#pgfId=417276)?

--
Mariano Absatz
El Baby